Friday, May 23, 2014

JARED ROSS

JARED ROSS
“Social”
April 2014
4:33
Social illustrates my daily emotional response to encounters with the general public that occur within confined spaces such as: classrooms, restaurants, and buses. The bus is a medium to express my anxiety within a confined space and how that anxiety grows as my personal space restricts. Sounds of conversations, heavy breathing, ominous tones, and screaming demonstrates my inner dialogue as I interact with my surrounding environment. 
The idea for Social comes from my daily emotional response to the general public within restricted spaces. Using the bus, (although part of my daily commute to and from school), is a mere medium and can be represented by innumerable confined spaces. The derivé “entails a preliminary determination of environments, the possibility of calculating them, of establishing some for of objective understanding (96)”. I could not predict what footage I would gain on a given day riding the bus, but I knew with enough time and collected footage I would have some outcome. Unlike the derivé, I wanted to have a subjective view of my environment. I wanted to manipulate my environment via editing and sound production in order to convey a certain emotional response to my viewer. Editor: Nicholas Becker. Sound Production: Dory Funk.  Director/Cinematographer: Jared Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment