Friday, May 23, 2014

ANNIE KING

ANNIE KING
“My White Shoes”
4:42
2014
 “I have always considered myself a wanderer, whether it be my mind, body, or spirit. I am constantly wondering and discovering what more there is out there for me. Its not as though I am not grateful for the places Ive been or the opportunities Ive been given. I am just constantly becoming more and more with and within this universe. There is some place, whether it be physical or in a dream, that I will jump at the chance to try to obtain. My life has become defined by planes, trains, and automobiles, as well as my own two feet. As a nomad, I seek out the ultimate potential of this world and myself.”
The statement above is the opening statement I make in my project. The goal of my piece was to show and explain to viewers how being a wanderer has shaped my life. I incorporated my voice telling my story because I wanted to give the audience background information about me from me. Although I do not always realize or appreciate it, being around new surroundings is part of my everyday life and is where I live out my everyday. I thought that there would be no better way to portray my everyday than show what I do best; wandering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment