Thursday, March 13, 2014

CONNOR DUDLEY

CONNOR DUDLEY
THE EVERYDAY EXPERIENCE
2013
4:00

In this work I approached the everyday from the lens of my first hand experiences. When thinking about how to go about this work, I found that the way in which I interacted with the everyday the best was through the experiences that I have lived through and moments that I captured. My work addresses the everyday as the images and video footage compiled within my work were taken from my camera, unrehearsed and modeled as I saw these moments when they occurred over a years span. As there is no one way of interpreting the everyday I found that it was important to show the various different angles in which the everyday can be viewed. Thus I tried to incorporate the most amounts of images that I could gather from my day-to-day interactions with the world within my project. This compilation is essentially what the everyday means to me.

I wanted this project to be as organic as possible while creating it. Meaning that I wanted the images and video to be both produced and chosen with as little bias opinion as possible. Thus there are a wide variety of images portrayed within this video. I found that the most organic image-capturing device that I have would be my phone, so a majority of the images within this work were taken from my phone. I consider my phone an organic image producing machine because when I use the camera on it, I am capturing moments in time that are occurring before my eyes. This is different from my DSLR because when I use it, I am carefully setting up each shot rather than experiencing the moment before me. From the camera I chose only images that would be scene from my lens, which pretty much excluded each picture that included myself in them. After going through hundred of photos, I narrowed it down and then continued to compiling them in to a 4 minute video using adobe after effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment