Thursday, March 13, 2014

AARON HOLLAND-PLUM


AARON HOLLAND-PLUM
COMMUTE
2013
4:33

This piece shows two separate, but similarly themed aspects of my everyday: the video is a time lapse of my commute from boulder to Denver and back that I do once a week for an internship, and the audio is a mix of audio clips from the various activities that I have to do each morning. The audio and video depict very different things, but both concentrate on the idea of banality and repetition. There is pattern to my everyday. This piece highlights the boring and the repetitive. The difference between the audio and video also shows the detachment of my everyday mind. Always thinking about everything else in my life, especially the boring little details, while doing something mundane.

The audio was recorded with a zoom portable audio recorder. The time-lapse images were captured on a GoPro camera. The audio and images were compiled, edited, and arranged in Adobe Premiere CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment